Friday, November 15, 2013

A letter to my Miss A

Hey A-

I know that someday you might read the things I have posted here.  I want you to know that I have always been so incredibly proud of you.  And I've always loved the person that you are.

We affectionately refer to you as our "little hot mess."  You absolutely refuse to let us touch your hair, so it's hanging in your face most days.  And ya know what?  That's okay.  It suits you.  Besides, you can often be found wiping your lunch in your hair, and I would hate for you to ruin a good hairstyle.

I love how I can always count on you to flash a smile.  Take this picture, for instance:
 Your brother and sister were having none of it, but the joy on your face radiates through the picture.

You also aren't afraid to get your hands dirty.  I love that you long for adventure.


You are a such a free spirit.  Like a bird taking flight, you are always looking to create your own path and way.  Afraid of nothing and ready for everything.  Nothing keeps you down.


Currently, you are our mother hen, always making sure that your brother and sister are taking care of.  Getting them their blankets or snacks when they need them.

I hope your spirit never wavers in its quest for happiness.  I hope that from your example I can learn to take the road less taken.  To seek adventure.  To get a little messy.  You are such an example to me.

A, I love you to the moon and back.  Don't ever forget that.

Love,

Your mom

4 comments:

  1. ken and berni rodemeyerNovember 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

    wonderful pictures...she is real doll

    ReplyDelete
  2. ken and berni rodemeyerNovember 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

    wonderful pictures Emily and your comments are priceless

    ReplyDelete